Abhinav Humar, MD
3459 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Clinical and Research Interests: Areas of research include partial liver transplants (including living and deceased donor liver transplants) and studies of hepatic regeneration; clinical outcome studies in kidney, liver, intestine, and pancreas transplants; cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease in transplant recipients.
Ongoing Research Studies:
- Evaluation of Donor Specific Immune Senescence and Exhaustion as Biomarkers of Operational Tolerance Following Liver Transplantation in Adults (ITN Sponsored Trial).
- Observational, Post-marketing Renal Safety Surveillance Registry in Patients with Chronic Hepatitits B (HBV) Infection with Decompensated Liver Disease Receiving Nucleotide/side Therapy.
- An Evauation of the Safety and Preliminary Efficacy of Perioperative Treprostinil in Preventing Ischemia and Reperfusion Injury in Adult Orthopedic Liver Transplant Recipients (Investigator Initiated).
- Phase I, Randomized, Open-Label, Active-Controlled, Dose Escalation Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Immunogenicity of INO-1800 Alone or in Combination With INO-9112 Delivered IM followed by Electroporation in Select Nucleos(t)ide Analogue-Treated, Chronic Hepatitis B Patients (Inovio Pharmaceuticals- Sponsored Trial).
- A2ALL: Adult-to-Adult Living Donor Liver Transplant Core Protocol (ITN/NIDDK Sponsored Trial)
- LIVE-C-FREE (LIVEr transplant for hepatitis C: recurrence FREE) Early and late treatment of Hepatitis C with Sofosbuvir/Ledipasvir in Liver Transplant Recipients (Sponsored by MUSC/Kenneth Chavin M.D).
Research Service: STI performs clinical research related to outcomes in transplant patients including performing observational and interventional studies.
Division Chief, Transplant Surgery
Department of Surgery